If you don’t want the previous data on your phone please skip the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“. In the next step you need to enter your M31s into the “download mode“. These are instructions on how to flash or install Stock ROM (firmware) on Mediatek stock ROMs Devices using the SP Flash Tool (SmartPhone Flash Tool). Your Huawei P30 device will automatically Reboot and you can disconnect your device.
- If you have absolutely no coding experience, zero Linux experience, or no idea what a Makefile is, this isn’t for you.
- Moreover, many people prefer apps like Titanium backup for taking regular backups but it should be noted that no app can save every tiny detail of your phone as backup does.
- You can use the Android SDK Platform-Tools from Google, or alternatively, you will find adb and fastboot in ./out/host/linux-x86/bin.
- Due to the wide range of supported phones, yours will undoubtedly be supported in any capacity, officially or unofficially.
At this point, Paranoid Android has added support for a long list of smartphones including Xiaomi, OnePlus, realme, Nothing, Google, and more. It also introduced Topaz, which is based on Android 13 and is available for a host of Android devices. So if you own phones from one of these OEMs, I would highly recommend Paranoid Android to any other ROM on this list. After a few years of break, Paranoid Android is back again.
- Here, we’ll use the On Android zip file to make a backup.
- And where they are available, they’re also more difficult to install than either of the other methods we’ve outlined.
- You may be wondering – “Can I install a ROM made for a different device on my phone?
- It can also assist in resolving any software-related, bootloop, or IMEI issues you may encounter.
- However, you’ll need to check with your phone’s manufacturer about if and when you’ll see that update on your device.
When you are sure that the problem is with the software and factory reset also didn’t help, it’s time to install stock firmware on Google Pixel. In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“.
If not, you can search our website for the device-specific tutorial. While earlier we were only limited to using a custom recovery for this job, but now we have other ways to do it from within the OS. We will head on and demonstrate two different methods to backup Android ROMs. However, you are only limited to back up against your allotted free storage quota, unless you choose “High Quality” as the Upload size. This will upload your media in the best possible quality for reduced file size. You still have the option to buy more storage from Google, if you’re willing to opt for original size backups.